Join other TREK parents, PW grade 10 counsellor and SACY facilitators to:
- discuss parenting teens in today's context of parties and social media.
- hear what TREK students learn about decision-making and health in the area of cannabis, alcohol and other substances
- learn practical information about substances related to teen social and emotional development
The middle teen years can be a challenging time. We'll talk about myths, realities, and questions like:
- What makes a party more likely to be safe: if it occurs near a sky train station or not?
- Is "work hard, party hard" an ethic that works in the same way for youth as it does for adults?
- What's the difference between setting boundaries and creating rules?
This event will be held in the PW library
This is a required meeting for all parents who are doing the two shifts on the TREK tree lot. The meeting starts at 7:00 PM and should be done by 8:00PM.